We are searching for a Senior Home Care Assistant to come and join our friendly and growing care team.
This role would be a great step for someone currently working in care who wants career progression, or an experienced senior carer to make a real difference and influence the quality of the care delivered.
Our senior carers take responsibility in ensuring that the service delivers the highest standard of home care to its clients throughout the weekday and weekends. In addition to providing excellent personalised care to our clients, Senior Home Care Assistants supervise and manage home care assistants to ensure they deliver care out in field.
The working pattern/hours for this role is 4 weekdays (typically 8am to 4pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday), and alternative weekends – with flexibility where required.
Reporting to our Care Manager, typical responsibilities of the role include:
- Covering care visits in clients own homes
- To participate in on-call duties as part of a rota
- Complete quality assurance audits with carers such as; spot checks, competency checks, audits of activity logs and MAR Charts, client reviews and telephone reviews
- Ensure all paperwork and provisions within clients’ home and carers out in field are kept up to date and accurate
- Professionally handle client and carer queries on a daily basis
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have experience working in care (preferably domiciliary or residential care)
- Have a full driving licence and car to be used for work
- Have strong verbal and written communication
- Strong planning, organisation and prioritising skills
- Have a methodical and thorough approach to work
- Strong team working skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Experience of using technology ie smart phones, tablet and IT systems
- Willingness to learn and continually develop skills and knowledge
- Ideally Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Benefits of this role include:
- Guaranteed hours contract opportunities
- Great pay rates and paid mileage
- Additional pay for on-call
Holiday and Sick Pay
- Pension scheme – with employer contributions
- Company mobile phone and Uniform
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Exclusive care assistant employee discounts
Induction training and ongoing development opportunities
- Exceptional support from our office staff and existing care assistant team
If you genuinely want to work with a company that puts quality care at the heart of everything we do and make a real difference, then apply now – we want to talk to you!
We are looking to recruit a small team of staff to provide care for our clients who live independently in their own homes in Tring and Berkhamsted.
Excellent working conditions, Salary: £10 per hour (Weekend 6.30pm-10pm), Mon-Friday £9.00 per hour. (6.30-10.00pm) Weekend day rates £9.85 per hour (Rates are higher with NVQ level 2).
The role will involve helping with activities of daily living such as washing, dressing, eating and drinking etc as well as providing company and stimulation throughout the day.
Ideal candidates will be kind, compassionate, dedicated and caring. We will consider applicants with care experience as well as people looking to get into the Care industry without prior experience.
Guaranteed Hours (to reassure you that you will have a constant regular wage)
Part time / full time
Mileage allowance – 40p per mile
Company mobile phone
Great rates of pay
Enhanced rates of pay for bank holidays up £15.69
Regular carer refresher training
Opportunity to study for Diploma in Health and Social Care
Roles are subject to DBS checks (free)
Exclusive care assistant employee discounts
Exceptional support from our office staff and existing care assistant team
These are meaningful roles that genuinely help people to live independently. Working for Nash means you will have the support of a well run and caring company. We provide a fully supported new starter training week and also on-going learning and development opportunities.
You will need to have a full driving license and have your own trransport.
You pay will increase with successful completion of QCF/ NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care (Adults).
Apply now and we will get back to you within 24 hours.