We are looking to recruit full time and part time carers to help our clients in Tring, Berkhamsted and Hemel Hempstead.
- We have Full time and Part time positions available – both regular hours and casual workers
- Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings and Weekend shifts
Our weekday and weekend shift patterns are:
Our pay rates are: Monday to Friday (0600-1600) up to £8.87ph Saturday & Sunday (0600-1600) £10.34ph
Monday to Friday (1600-2200) up to £9.15ph Saturday &Sunday £10.50ph
Bank Holidays – up to £16.44 per hour
- Paid Training
- Paid Shadowing shifts
- Fully Funded Training Courses
- Free DBS check
- Paid mileage between calls 40p per mile
- Paid Holiday (pro-rata holidays for part timers)
- Refer a friend scheme worth £100
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free company mobile phone
- Free uniform
- Paid training for your QCF / NVQ
- Local discounts for carers
- Local clients
- Exceptional support from office staff and on-call team
Enhanced pay if you have your NVQ / QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care.
Our carers are kind, compassionate and dedicated. This is what we are looking for in applicants today. We consider applicants with care experience as well as people looking to get into the Care industry without prior experience as training will be provided before you start.
These are meaningful roles that genuinely help people to live independently. Working for Nash means you will have the support of a well run and caring company. We provide a fully supported new starter training week and also on-going learning and development opportunities including the NVQ / QCF in Health and Social Care.
The role will involve helping with activities of daily living such as washing, dressing, personal care, eating and drinking etc as well as providing company and stimulation throughout the day.
You will need your own car and a full driving license for this role.
Apply now and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
We are looking for an On-call Supervisor/Senior Home Care Assistant to join our team to respond to emergency calls from carers and our clients out of hours, as and when they arise.
We are a small, family run domiciliary care company that provide care to adults in their home in Tring, Berkhamsted and Hemel Hempstead. This role will require you to work primarily from home over the weekend period to cover telephone calls, and if required going out to complete care visits at clients’ homes.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience working in the care sector (ideally caring in the community) and would like to take the next development step to get supervisory experience, to broaden care knowledge and skills.
Would be ideal for people who have commitments Monday to Friday in the daytime, but would like a job to make a real difference to people during weekends and evenings.
Working alongside our Care Manager and Care Coordinators, this is a part time role, working alternative weekends. The days and hours that the on-call requires coverage in line with this role are:
• Friday 4pm to 10pm
• Saturday 6.30am to 10pm
• Sunday 6.30am to 10pm
• Monday 6.30am to 8am
There will also be opportunities to be on-call during weekdays to cover holidays or sickness.
Main responsibilities include:
• Taking emergency phone calls from clients and carers
• Updating clients of anything that may impact their visits
• Using on-call tablet reviewing and checking bookings for the evening, morning, weekend
• Checking and responding to emails that have come through on the on-call mailbox
• Using the tablet to monitor and respond all care visit alerts to ensure there are no missed calls or late calls. Ensure all clients and carers are informed of any changes to action alerts.
• Covering short notice absences or emergency situations by ringing, texting and emailing carers
• Communicating in professional manner with carers, clients, clients families, hospital staff, any new business enquiries
• If unable to cover care calls, to go out to complete care calls for clients
• Verifying that all carers working evening shifts are home safely
• Sending daily update emails regarding on call activity and changes to office team
Skills and experience required:
• Strong listening and communication skills – verbal and written
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Be confident with mobile working, using IT and emails
• Be highly organised
• Open receiving feedback and further training
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and access to car to cover care calls when needed
• Ideally one year or more working in a community care role
• Health and Social Care qualifications i.e. NVQ level 2 or 3 is desirable
• Competitive rates of pay:
o Weekends (from Friday evening to Monday morning -see hours above): Flat rate of £120.00
o Bank Holidays (all day): Flat rate of £120.00
o Weekday evenings (2pm to 8am): Flat rate of £30.00
o Additional pay for any care calls worked when covering out of hours shifts (starting from £10.00 per hour visits for Saturday and Sundays).
o Paid mileage to cover care calls
• Holiday pay, sick pay and pension
• Full training and support given and to be part of a friendly team/company
• Help shape future on-call operations and processes
If you want job satisfaction from knowing you are making a real difference – come and join our team. Apply now!